Help you adopt or foster (Adoption and fostering)
Adoption is all about making a positive difference to a child's life and providing a stable, loving and permanent home for a child who, for whatever reason, is not able to live with their birth family.
There are two teams in the adoption service:
- The Adoption team responsible for the recruitment, assessment and support of adopters and for family finding for children with an adoption plan
- The Children’s Permanence Team is responsible for preparing reports for children who need adoption and for placing children.
Fostering is a way to make a real positive difference to a child's life providing children and young people with a stable and loving home and the support and encouragement they need to flourish and do well.
There are many different types of fostering, from short term placements and short break care for children with disabilities to providing a long-term or even permanent home - we can help you decide which is right for you.
There are four teams in the fostering service:
- The Fostering Recruitment Team recruits and prepares new foster carers, and manages the placement finding function
- The Fostering Support Team supervises approved carers and their placements
- The Fostering Friends and Family Team assesses and supports carers that are ‘connected’ to the child placed with them and also assesses and supports private fostering and Special Guardianship arrangements
- The Family Link Team provides family based short breaks care for children with disabilities